Michigan Shooting Centers is currently seeking a Range Safety Officer (RSO) for its Lake Orion, MI location – Bald Mountain Shooting Range. The primary responsibility of an RSO is to ensure the safety of all customers and staff on our outdoor rifle and pistol shooting ranges.
The RSO greets range patrons, answers questions, and explains safety rules. They observe patrons on the firing line to ensure firearm safety rules are followed and provides assistance or instruction to patrons. The RSO will provide range orientation for new members and public shooters. He/she will ensure that the entire facility and all operations are maintained at the highest standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Welcome patrons and communicate range rules in a clear, concise and friendly manner.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the range at all times.
- Monitor all activity on the shooting lanes to ensure safety of all patrons, employees and guests.
- Assist customers with appropriate lane and target operation.
- Know and follow emergency response plans when required.
- Keep rifle and pistol range sanitary and neat.
- Maintain productive relationships with established customers.
- Work as a team player with all staff.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with everyone.
- Maintain a well groomed, professional appearance at all times.
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Highly self motivated/able to work without direction
- Naturally friendly and positive daily attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to carry out directives efficiently
- Proficiency and knowledge with handguns, rifles, and shotguns
- Desire to learn new skills and accept responsibility
- NRA Range Safety Officer Certification a plus, but not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a career experience in the outdoors industry like no other. To be at their best, we recognize that our staff need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring a great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
• A competitive salary based on level of expertise, starting at $13 per hour. Starting wage is commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% company match, after 1 year of service
• Health, vision and dental insurance, after 1 year of service
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Generous employee discounts on firearms, ammunition, range time, merchandise and gear