Outdoor Ranges to Re-Open May 10th with Extra Precautions
May 5, 2020 • Michigan Shooting Centers, Inc.
Both Island Lake and Bald Mountain Shooting Ranges will re-open Sunday May 10th with extra precautions and protocols to ensure the safety of our employees and customers
MICHIGAN —The entire team here at Michigan Shooting Centers is excited to announce that we have obtained permission from the Office of the Governor and the Michigan DNR to re-open our outdoor ranges to the public starting on Sunday May 10, 2020. Effective on May 10th, all clay target, rifle, pistol and archery shooting amenities at both Island Shooting Range in Brighton and Bald Mountain Shooting Range in Lake Orion we will be open to the public. Our hours of operation until further notice will be:
- Monday and Tuesdays – Closed
- Wednesdays and Thursdays – 12:00pm to 8:00pm or Dusk (whichever comes first)
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays – 10:00am to 6:00pm
The safety of our employees and staff is of utmost important to us and we have decided to institute several precautionary policies to ensure a safe environment for staff and guests alike. We will adhere to these requirements strictly. Please read them prior to visiting our ranges. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any additional changes as deemed necessary:
- While at Michigan Shooting Centers, all customers and employees will need to maintain a social distance of 6 feet between them and anyone that is not a member of their household. Please note that this includes in the parking lot, the clubhouse, and the ranges. Social distancing markings have been placed throughout the range, please adhere.
- The rifle and pistol range will be limited to 50% capacity. Range personnel will require an unoccupied bench between each occupied bench.
- Groups for clay shooting will be limited to five (5) people. Please abide by posted “waiting area” signs throughout the courses and do not encroach on other groups.
- Customers will not be permitted to use the clubhouse for seating or lounging.
- Customers will not be permitted to bring guns, gun cases, shooting bags, or any other gear into the clubhouse. After you have paid and checked-in, you may return to your vehicle to pick up any gear that you need for the range. Firearms brought into the rifle and pistol range must still be cased and unloaded.
- The clubhouse will be limited to no more than five (5) customers at any one given time, and also to no more than one (1) customer per group. Please bring and wear a protective face mask if you must enter the clubhouse.
- You will be required to prepay for all shooting and only one person per group will be permitted to come inside to do so. We can split the bill up among multiple credit cards, if needed. We will have ammunition, eye protection, and paper targets available for purchase.
- We will be accepting only credit or debit cards until further notice. We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard and American Express.
- Shotgun rentals and spotting scope rentals will be suspended until further notice. We will also not be providing clipboards or pencils for keeping score, as we are unable to properly sanitize these items.
- Executive Order 2020-77 issued on Thursday May 7, 2020 now permits golf cart usage and golf cart rentals will be available. Golf cart usage will be limited to two persons per cart and all golf carts will be disinfected after each use by range staff.
- We have installed plexiglass shields, or “sneeze guards,” at the cashier counter and at range safety officer stations.
- We will have hand sanitizer available for customer and employee use on the rifle and pistol range as well as on the clay target courses.
- We will be sanitizing exposed surfaces including the sporting clays controllers, control boxes, and rifle/pistol range shooting benches on a regular basis throughout the day.
- We ask that you bring your own gloves, disinfectant, and whatever else you deem necessary to protect you, your family, and your guests. You are participating in an outdoor activity at your own risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All leagues and events, including NSCA tournaments, private outings, and fun shoots will be suspended until June 1, 2020. We will reassess the viability of events at that time.
The gun store at Michigan Shooting Centers will continue to be open by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment for a new gun purchase or for a firearm transfer on our website at schedule.mishoot.com. All transfers are $50, which includes up to two firearms. If you need to get in touch with the gun store, feel free to call or email us. We are still fulfilling and shipping orders and are here to serve you.
While the circumstances continue to change and we modify our operations as necessary, we thank you for your patience and cooperation. As new developments occur, be assured we are committed to taking care of our members and employees and to our mission of providing safe, fun, family-oriented and educational shooting environments. We extend our sincere thanks to our customers and employees for their ongoing support and loyal dedication during this challenging time.
Michigan Shooting Centers is a family owned and operated company that manages Michigan’s most trafficked public shooting ranges. Our two locations, Island Lake Shooting Range in Brighton and Bald Mountain Shooting Range in Lake Orion, offer shooters the best shotgun, rifle, pistol, and archery shooting amenities in the Midwest.